Empathy, Education and Empowerment
SOCIAL ACTION MOVEMENT is an NGO (Non- Governmental Organisation) based in Bylakuppe, South India, registered under charitable trust Act.
It is better known as it's acronym SAM and founded by a group of young Tibetans who were born and brought up in the settlement have studied in varies fields of studies such as Science, Commerce, Political Science and Social work. These young Tibetans have voluntarily joined hands together to work and address the issues facing by the community like illiteracy, injustice, lack of awareness and information about health, social and civil rights, and lack of unity in the community.
Furthermore, the group has solemnly affirmed that they wholeheartedly devote themselves to the service and wellbeing of the community in particular and humanity in general with the best of their ability and knowledge.
The group unanimously agreed t work together to make positive changes in their community and strives to represent the voice of modern-day youth through advocacy and leadership.
1. Dawa Tsering (M.Com), Vice Principal of Dalai Lama Institute for Higher Studies.
2. Lobsang Dorjee (B.Com), Social Service worker and teacher.
3. Namgyal Choephel (B. Sc), Agronomist and Artist.
4. Penpa Sangpo (M.A Pol Science), Head Master of Sera Jey Secondary School .
5. Palden Samkyil (MSW), Social Worker and Activist.